Monday 1 June 2009

Zara Phillips at Powderham Castle Horse Trial




Even if you are not a fan of a sport it's always nice to have the opportunity to see it practiced at top level so when I saw that some of the world's top eventers were competing on my doorstep I made the effort to get there. The natural centre of attention was Zara Phillips. World Champion: tick. Former BBC Sports Personality of the Year: tick. Minor member of the royal family but would get promoted if the changes to rule on succession come to pass....: tick. Actually she was in danger of being eclipsed as Katie Price aka Jordan had also entered the event but was a no-show. Zara on her horse Toytown came out winner and I came back with a very satisfactory set of action shots of dressage, show jumping and cross country rounds as well as some nice natural candid portrait shots to add to my stock photo collection.

Postscript. With rumours of the impending wedding of Zara and Mike Tindall Zara has had a run in with overzealous photographers. No members of the royal family were hurt or inconvenienced in the taking of my images which can be seen at Alamy, so to find them CLICK

No comments:

Post a Comment